Do you struggle with having what you think may be the best digital marketing, content marketing, social media marketing or branding plan on the entire planet yet have no budget to implement?
Remember, an idea is only an idea if you don’t have the funding, energy or needed support to ever execute it. Some of the best ideas never make it to market simply because the person behind the idea doesn’t know how to get the buy-in, obtain the budget, needed support to make it a reality.
Do any or all of these problems sound familiar?
- You struggle with getting budget approved to implement your digital strategies and social media plan
- Your executives don’t understand social media and digital marketing
- You struggle with articulating the goals and objectives of your social media program to key stakeholders
- You feel like you are boiling the ocean as it relates to getting your social media plan approved
- You lack needed support and buy-in for your social media program and plan
- Your brand is in need of a major refresh but you can’t get the budget approved to do such
- You don’t know how to align social media to business goals and objectives your executives and key stakeholders care about
- You know your organization is filled with employees who want to power up your brand and could be loyal brand advocates but you can’t get the support you need to empower them
Would you like answers to these questions? If yes, you have landed on the right blog and podcast today.
One of the biggest challenges business, digital and social marketing leaders face across organizations of all sizes is obtaining the needed support, buy-in and funding to achieve their desired goals and objectives.
My training and consulting agency, Marketing Nutz works with organizations of all sizes from startups to Fortune 10 organizations. We recently just launched a new training academy, Social Profit Factor which helps small business, entrepreneurs up to Fortune 10 brands learn how to leverage social media to truly drive real business results.
We help business of all sizes earn the needed support, trust and budget so that they can begin to finally once and for all implement modern and social media marketing strategies and tactics into their business to increase measurable results.
Many businesses have pockets of people within the organization who understand they need to make major shifts in how they are utilizing social media, digital media and modern technology and communication, yet they struggle with making it happen. They struggle with making the needed mindset shifts, and even getting their organization off the starting block and away from using the social networks for only spamming and tactics that in reality may be hurting the brand more than helping.
Getting approval from key stakeholders, executives, board members, or even investors is key to success for any major program. This includes social media. Social media should not be a band-aid you slap on the side of your business, hoping you can improve your bottom line with more amplification via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. You get out of social media what you put into it, and that includes budget. This is often a hard nut for many executives new to social media to swallow.
Download this free ebook and then take a listen to episode #279 of the Social Zoom Factor podcast and learn how you can setup a 6 month plan for budget approval. The key is to earn the trust and respect early on in your social media program so that you can earn the additional needed budget in later phases of your project.
The podcast will provide you with the foundation to help you win support of even the toughest to please c-suite executive and stakeholders as early in the process as possible!
I split the podcast into two sections. The first includes 5 things you should NOT do and the second includes 5 things you MUST do.
In addition the bottom of this blog posts is loaded with helpful resources, templates and white papers for you to leverage in your planning and execution. Be sure to download the full white paper which includes even more tactics and strategies to get your Social Media Budget Approved!
- 5 things you MUST do to get approval for your social media budget and plan
- 5 things you should NOT do if you want to obtain approval for your social media plan and budget
- Why you must have a solid foundation that includes knowing your audience, goals, and objectives
- Why starting with a well defined scope and plan will help you achieve results faster than trying to boil the ocean from day one
- Why you must simplify your plan for key stakeholders to understand and provide you the buy-in you are seeking
- Why you must know where you are going and why before you can get others to board your train
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) and ensuring all stakeholders and executives understand them
- The importance of ensuring all team members and executives are speaking the same language
- Consider doing a survey to help you better understand the skill and needs of your executives, stakeholders, team members and employees
- Why you must align your social media efforts to your top business goals and objectives
- Why collaboration is key and you must avoid working in a bubble
- Why you must not “fake it until you make it” and instead get the necessary 3rd party help if needed
This podcast is proudly sponsored by .online domains:
Need more help? Marketing Nutz Training and Consulting Can Help!
Need help launching a new product or service? Time for a re-brand or simple refresh for your business or personal brand? Want to leverage the latest trends for digital marketing and social media marketing for your brand? Our agency, Marketing Nutz can help you develop your strategy inclusive of setting goals, a brand architecture and brand storytelling and choosing the right tactics that will help you achieve your goals! Give us a shout and let’s get to work!
Social Profit Factor Training System + Member Community can help you ignite your online social brand, tribe and business results! Before you even think about using social media for business you need to develop your social branding strategy and plan! Social Profit Factor will help you develop your plan with goals, objectives and priorities within 30-60 days!